Archive for March 24th, 2008

Pictures From Our Latest Horseshoe Tourney…

Monday, March 24th, 2008

I wanted to share some of these silhouette shots I took during a horseshoe tournament we had. While the sun was setting I took advantage of the sunset lighting and set my camera on the fastest speed which makes everything dark except the sky - the result is some pretty cool images.

Craig, Scott, and MartyMary Hansen in Perfect FormTrey, Romy, and CarrieCarrie Getting Ready to Throw a Ringer - Yeah Right!

New Driving Directions Posted

Monday, March 24th, 2008

While 90% of the guests find the ranch with no problems at all, the other 10% seem to get lost one way or the other. We have written some new directions so hopefully everyone can drive to the ranch without an extra phone call or missing a horseback ride or dinner.

Please pay attention to the alternate route that bypasses The Hoover Dam. Now that the high travel season has arrived The Hoover Dam can be especially busy in mid-afternoons and/or weekends. If you are in rush or don’t want to take a chance of a long delay, you may want to use the alternate route. However, The Hoover Dam route is the most scenic and is a very nice drive if you have the time. Also, remember you can go always use that route to go back to Las Vegas when you leave the ranch when you might have more time before your flight or checking into your hotel. If you have any questions please email or call us anytime at vacation@stgr.com or 1-866-444-4471.

Link to Printable Directions (Adobe PDF)

New Picture of Hualapai Dining Room

Monday, March 24th, 2008

Hualapai Dining Room at DaytimeI just purchased a new wide angle lens (Sigma 10-20mm) that allowed me to take a much wider shot of the Hualapai Dining Room and I wanted to share it with everyone. I also used some HDR so you can still partially see the mountain views and courtyard out the windows. I will also be posting many additional pictures I randomly take in the future here in the blog.

Update on March 26, 2008: I also took the same shot at sunrise so this is what it will look like when you come and get your coffee in the morning…

Hualapai Dining Room - Sunrise